|Program Start Date (Online Introduction)||April 2021 - TBA|
|Residency Week (First Onsite Dates)||April 2021 - TBA|
|Application Deadline||Admissions- Online Applications available Fall 2020|
|Admissions Assessments||February 2021 - TBA|
|Location||Department of Physical Therapy|
|Information Session||November 11, 2020 - 6:30pm ONLINE via Zoom|
The Ontario Internationally Educated Physical Therapy Bridging (OIEPB) Program is designed to provide educational and clinical opportunities that help physiotherapists educated outside of Canada including Canadians educated abroad to succeed with the national exams and in the Canadian workplace.
Our OIEPB PCE Exam Pass rates show how well our Alumni have performed.
The 2018 PCE Clinical Component exam pass rate for our bridge learners is 82% compared to a pass rate of 55% for IEPTs with no bridge training and 84% pass rate for Canadian-trained physiotherapists. Once our bridge learners are licensed to practice, 100% are employed and integrate seamlessly into hospitals, private practices and community settings.
The 10 month Comprehensive Bridging Program provides many opportunities including:
- refreshing knowledge and critical thinking skills to meet Canadian entry-to-practice standards
- gaining support from a network of peers and mentors
- completing 2, non-paid Clinical Internships
- Canadian workplace experience and practice of professional behaviours
- learning all about the Canadian healthcare system
- support with career planning, resume and interview preparation
OIEPB is offered through a partnership with the University of Toronto, Department of Physical Therapy and the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
Our Mission is to create an adult learning environment, building upon a learner’s education and clinical experience to promote, improve, and maintain the mobility and function of Canadians.
The goal of the Ontario Internationally Educated Physical Therapy Bridging (OIEPB) Program is to enhance the internationally educated physiotherapist’s (IEPTs) professional and clinical competencies to qualify for practice as an autonomous practitioner within the Canadian health care system.
IS THIS PROGRAM RIGHT FOR YOU?
This is the right program for you if you are an internationally educated physiotherapist (IEPT) and want to improve your:
- Physical therapy knowledge and skills when preparing for the PCE
- Exam-taking skills for the written and clinical component exams
- Understanding of the physiotherapist’s role and scope of practice in Canada
- Performance as autonomous health care practitioners
- Knowledge and skills of how to manage cultural, professional and ethical challenges in the workplace
- Ability to interact with patients and other health care providers in English
- Strengthen professional networks to begin a career within the Canadian workplace
The Comprehensive Bridging Program occurs once a year from April to February. Applications are accepted throughout the calendar year. The curriculum is delivered as a mix of online opportunities and onsite practice. This delivery format provides flexibility and greater access to the program for learners living outside the Greater Toronto Area. To learn more about the content of the program, click the link below.LEARN MORE
The Comprehensive Bridging Program is for IEPTs with Canadian immigration status such as Permanent Residency, Canadian Citizenship or Convention Refugee status. Your credentials must already be approved by CAPR and you must meet the OIEPB English language proficiency requirement.LEARN MORE
The evening Information session gives IEPTs an opportunity to learn more about the program, meet the program staff and faculty, and have the opportunity to meet past graduates from the bridging program. Come and have all your questions answered!
Due to Covid-19, the next session will be an ONLINE session via Zoom. A link will be sent to you closer to the date.
Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 6:30pm – 8:30pm (ONLINE)Sign Up
SIGN UP FOR THE OIEPB NEWSLETTER
The OIEPB Newsletter is published throughout the year. Keep up-to-date with program news, activities and events.
To view Current and Past Issues click here.
Subscribe to our listserv. You can unsubscribe at anytime by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email edition of the OIEPB Newsletter. Your email will not be shared.Subscribe
HOW TO APPLY
Start the application process with our streamlined online form.APPLY NOW