Applicants must be credentialed by CAPR by the program start date and eligible to take the PCE. Upon receiving an application, the OIEPB program will verify with the CAPR that the credentials are approved.
IMMIGRATION & RESIDENCY STATUS
Applicants should be either a Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee/Protected Persons, or a Canadian Citizen to be eligible for the OIEPB Program. Proof of documentation is required during the application process. A scanned copy of both sides of all documents will be required. If you do not meet this requirement, your application may be considered if you are credentialed by the CAPR and meet the language requirements.
To be successful in the OIEPB Comprehensive Bridging Program, applicants are expected to be strong in all areas of English language communication (reading, writing, speaking and listening). Applicants are required to submit one of the English language proficiency tests accepted by OIEPB with the following minimum overall scores:
English as a Foreign Language iBT (TOEFL iBT)
Overall score of 92/120 and 21/30 on the writing and speaking sections.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Academic Level Overall band score of 7.0.
General Training Level Overall band score of 7.0.
Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General (CELPIP G)
Reading score of 9 and scores of 8 in the Writing, Listening and Speaking components.
Confirmation of your scheduled TOEFL, IELTS or CELPIP test will also be accepted during the application process. You must upload your payment receipt with your application. The deadline to receive a scanned copy of your final language scores is May 13, 2024 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
English Language Exemption
An applicant is exempt from these English language proficiency requirements if:
- they completed their entry-to-practice physiotherapy education or post-graduate studies (both classroom and clinical portions) in Australia, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or the United States of America.
- they completed their entire primary and secondary school education in Canada.
A copy of the degree or diploma will be required during the application process.
The OIEPB online course Physiotherapy Practice within the Canadian Health Care Context is required or an approved course by CAPR that meets the knowledge gap of physiotherapy practice in the Canadian healthcare system will be accepted. A scanned copy of your Certificate of Completion must be included during the application process or proof that you are enrolled in an approved course at time of application.
CURRENT RESUME – Please provide a copy of your current resume
DIGITAL PHOTO – Please provide a digital portrait-style photo of yourself as follows:
- current photo only- scanned copies of an old photo not accepted
- from the shoulders up looking straight at the camera (profile views not acceptable)
- taken against a blank white or neutral-coloured wall free of any clutter or background images
- allow ample space around your image for editing as required
- submit your photo as a jpg file.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY – Please provide a document showing your current address e.g. driver’s license, passport, rental agreement or utility bill.