WRITTEN COMPONENT WORKSHOP
|Workshop Date||June 5 - June 19, 2019|
|Registration Deadline||May 30, 2019|
|Duration||2 week access with 2 (1) hour virtual sessions (Times TBA)|
|Location||Department of Physical Therapy|
|Cancellation Deadline||2 weeks Before the Workshop Start Date|
The Written Component Workshop (MCQ) is an online course to assist you in preparing for and completing a competency-based multiple choice examination. These skills are valuable to you for the Written Component of the Physiotherapy Competency Exam (PCE).
You will expected to complete the course in a set two-week period. Online content and discussion board activities are equivalent to approximately 8-10 hours week, and may completed at any time, day or night. There is also the option to participate in two 1 hour virtual office hours sessions at set times within the two weeks.
In the course of the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Independently challenge computer-based multiple choice questions (MCQs) relevant to physical therapy practice in a timed setting.
- Review test answers and identify personal gaps in participant knowledge, approach, and/or clinical reasoning.
- Learn evidence-based strategies for effective studying and identify key strategies to avoid.
- Hear from a recent, successful candidate of the PCE Written Component about his or her study strategies.
- Gain a network of potential study partners.
- Learn about additional resources that may help to fill personal knowledge gaps and improve study techniques.
- Review practice test questions that are representative of the distribution of topics and subtopics outlined in the Exam Blueprint published by the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators (CAPR).
To participate in this online course, you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser, preferably Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- A recent version of Adobe Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader/)
HOW TO APPLY
Start the application process by following the link below.Apply Now
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Individuals who withdraw on or before the cancellation deadline will receive a refund to the credit card on which the original payment was made less a $75 administration fee. No refunds will be issued to individuals who withdraw after the cancellation deadline or who fail to attend.
Full refunds will only be given if the workshop is cancelled.